guest post at beautiful and beloved

today i have the pleasure of sharing a Word over at one of my favorite blogs



Amber Newberry is an amazing mother and daughter of God.  I glean so much from her stories and heartfelt outpourings.  I was nothing short of flattered when she asked if I would join her series "His Voice" where women speak on the ways that God speaks to them.

I chose to speak on a familiar passage from the book of Deuteronomy


Deuteronomy is not a book i am very familiar with, but it is one that i find much motivation in.  this specific passage spoke to me as my son was becoming more impressionable and it became embedded in my heart as a way to "check myself" when things get tough.

because they always seem to, right mamas?  



i pray you find rest in this Scripture, 
knowing that God is with you as the woman of your home
(believe me.. this is a lesson i am STILL learning..)


the Scripture:

Love the LORD your God with all your heart 
and with all your soul and with all your strength.  
These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.  
Impress them on your children. 
Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.  Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.


his voice




Popular posts from this blog

make me over//2013 ~ repent

unsettled // the september series