make me over//2013 ~ remain


after you've given Him your past
embraced that renewed mind
and begun to resolve and move a new life in

all that's left is to remain.




This last step is the one that will keep you working towards your goals and dreams, and help you overcome any new obstacles that arise.  When we give up the past and embrace our new heart, we also resolve to think differently, and act differently.  


Part of our resolve must include choosing remain in Him.

One of the most popular passages spoken by Jesus follows.


I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 
You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 
Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 
If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 
If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 
This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 
If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 
I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.  
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 
You are my friends if you do what I command. 
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 
This is my command: Love each other.

John 15:1-17




This is the epicenter of everything we have gone and will go through. 
We must always start and end here.

When troubles come, and we know they will, 
we must seek Him first. 
Remaining in Him means we choose Him first.  

Then we repent, renew and resolve all over again, thanking Him at the end of it all.


It is a cycle that is imperative to our vitality.  It is a routine that we must master in good times and bad.  Only when we are connected to the vine will we be full of life and bear much fruit.


This devotional has been so special to me because it was an answer to a personal prayer.  I have lived long enough inside of my own personal hell and this was my plea to the Lord for an emotional reset.  He did not take it all away; He did not change my mind.  He told me to go back to the basics; seek Him, know I am new, and let go of the past.  

I have printed my cards, collected notes, epiphanies and scriptures, and I intend to take them with me everyday, into everything, so that I never forget the steps to my healing.  In being obedient to the process of writing this down, my healing has been incredible.


my answered prayer, in a nutshell:

Nothing is worth holding inside when there is a God that is bigger than it all

In giving up that part of me, I am a new being; a princess with a clean slate.

As I move out old pains, I have made room for new goals and dreams. 

Remain
Remaining in Jesus is the only way to live out a life of true happiness.




the steps are linked back to each post 
so you can visit each devotional and print each card
Print the attached card below and keep it close as a reminder to hold tight to all of the promises you collected in the past three steps.  Each issue must be sorted through in this order, and the desire to continue; to remain.. that must always seal the wound.  

Nothing is impossible for the Lord, and with Him as your Counselor, 
nothing is impossible for you. 



Do not let the wicked one win, ever again!

Popular posts from this blog

unsettled // the september series

heart-planting series//stir the ground

Advent Devotional Day 1, A Divine Disruption