Chocolate Chip Cookies that will make you think you have died and goneto Heaven

I am not joking



After maaaaany batches of dry, crumbly, dull and flat cookies, I think I have hit the jackpot.




The Evolve-olution of the recipe:

What began nearly 15 years ago as the original on the back of a Nestle bag, was amped up first after a suggestion from my Grams, then again after I started making bread (ran out of APF but had plenty of bread flour) and finally tweaked yet again when I quit worrying about how much butter was in the recipe.  I did away with the baking sticks and went full force with the golden sticks of goodness.

Which brings me to this disclosure, immediately:

These cookies are loaded with 100% real super-fattening butter, and I'm not one bit sorry.




So who wants the recipe?  =D




::: raises hand :::





See what I mean..... it's my freakin recipe and I'm geeked just to even read it again.



First: grab two bowls and put a mug of milk in the freezer
(trust me on this..)


Bowl 1

1 2/3 Cup Bread Flour
1 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
3 TBSP Potato Starch
1 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt

Bowl 2

1 1/4 Cup Butter (yes, 2 1/2 sticks... you're worth it)
1 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Heaping Cup White Sugar
2 Eggs at room temp
1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Cream together butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla


  • Add Bowl 1 to Bowl 2 in stages
  • Mix.  Like.  Crazy.

**if you aren't using your hands at this you're just not having fun..**

  • Add at least 20oz. Milk Chocolate Chips
  • Incorporate until chips are evenly distributed
  • Bake a few immediately because, let's be real, it's just too hard to wait. Chill the rest at least 24 hours for amazing results, 48 for title-worthy taste
  • Drop in large Tablespoon sizes onto lightly greased cookie sheet
  • About 6 will be perfect for each batch
  • Sprinkle with fresh ground Sea Salt
  • Bake at 350* for 12-13 minutes. Change times to achieve desired results




A few reasons why this recipe works:


1.  The flours.  


When I first switched bread flour for all APF, I noticed how much more dense the cookie became.  So I started substituting other flours and found cake flour to be a great addition as well.  In this recipe I sort of "make my own" cake flour in the process (APF + Starch). 


2.  Room temperature eggs and butter.  


It's just a beautiful union.  Take the time to let them warm up, you'll be happy you did.


3.  Chilling the dough.  


I'm telling you, I love to bake a batch right away, and these cookies will taste amazing fresh from the mixing bowl, but chilling gives the ingredients time to get to know one another, time to mingle and make friends.  It gives them time to say, "you know what?  She took the time to warm us up, measure us right, and blend us gently.. I think we owe her one kickass cookie."  Ok, maybe that's just my dough-brain talking, but it'll be tasty, I promise.  


4.  The salt on top.  

Just do it.



4.  Make 'em fresh.. everytime





I can't even tell you how many cookies this yields because I eat so much batter throughout the process.  You'll have a good amount though, that's for sure.





now go get that milk and enjoy~

Popular posts from this blog

make me over//2013 ~ repent

unsettled // the september series