a wednesday full of wonder

my not so wee little man
just emerged from his room after naptime,
with a Flock of Seagulls hairdo
a face full of sheetmarks
and his pet triceratops nestled in his little arms.

he climbed onto my lap, put his head on my shoulder and just
breathed..



i asked him if he slept well
and he mumbled something in baby sounds

i asked him if he was hungry
and he grunted in disagreement

i asked if he just wanted to sit for a minute
and he blurted "yes"



and then he sat up and looked me straight in the eye

for about 5 seconds..

he removed his binky from his mouth
puckered up 
made the little sound that precedes "muah"
and planted pure love and magic onto my lips..
lips that were, by this point, quivering as I started to cry


he said 
"i yuh you mama"

:::waterfall down my face:::

then we watched cartoons as if nothing happened




in reality, not much did happen
that whole scene took all of 3 minutes, tops,
but in it I was reminded of the beauty of life
and the joy of being a mother

the fact that his little heart has learned to snuggle
and kiss and stir up a proclamation of love, at will,
is enough to feel successful in my duties as the one
God entrusted him with

I pray he is always so sensitive
and open with his feelings
and that his heart is always full of love

Amen


“Let the little children come to me, 
and do not hinder them, 
for the kingdom of heaven 
belongs to such as these.”
Matthew 19:14

Popular posts from this blog

unsettled // the september series

heart-planting series//stir the ground

Advent Devotional Day 1, A Divine Disruption