Audrey and Zooey would totally arm wrestle over this one


And here she is.
The latest addition
to my handmade closet.




I saw the pattern

and knew it had to be mine.
It's a New Look best buy-
such a great pattern for only $4!



I love the fit

The puffed sleeves
The luxury look of a simple shape




I used a floral print charmeuse

and skipped the lace detail
on the yoke and shoulders




I added darts for extra shaping

and shortened the sleeves to
counteract the negative ease of the
fabric (it doesn't stretch, so I gave
myself more moving room this way)





I even tackled loop-fastening buttons





This was a pretty advanced pattern for me

but I think I did well.  Between the darts,
button details and gathering,
I was worried I'd be left with a mess of fabric.








Well, I still was..






And it's darn lovely


Popular posts from this blog

make me over//2013 ~ repent

unsettled // the september series