Best Coffee Mug Cake

**edited recipe.  I continued to experiment and this is what I like even more now :)**

Ladies..   I do not even want to admit how much cocoa, sugar 
and butter I have wasted over the years as I have attempted to perfect this recipe
but in the end it was all worth it

what took so long??

the main problem I found was the rush involved with these mug recipes:
"2 minute recipe!" or "1 minute mix!".. "instant this" or "super fast that"

Ladies; good cake comes to those who 
take a few more minutes to mix it right!

so give me 5 minutes for this one, at least, and I'll give you the 
 Best Coffee Mug Cake 
you've ever had



Moist

Gooey

Sweet

Rich

Are you ready?

 


first, put a glass of milk in the freezer.  trust me on this.

then

In a large coffee mug combine:

2 Tablespoons all purpose flour

2 Tablespoons brown sugar

1 overflowing Tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa

a half a teaspoon of baking powder
and a sprinkle of salt

mix very well 

In a smaller mug or measuring cup 
melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter

add a splash of vanilla
this is imitation because, during "practice" I did not want to waste a drop lol
the real stuff is much more tasty :)

add one teaspoon of canola oil

and a teaspoon of milk

finally, add one Tablespoon of egg
beat one egg very well and measure out the amount, adding it to the liquid
then add it all to the dry ingredients

 mix extremely well, adding a small handfull of chocolate chips here

you'll have a beautiful thick batter

this cake will come out like a brownie/cake hybrid with melted spots of chocolate

YUMM

if you want a lighter version, add another teaspoon of milk at a time until it is more smooth

the small amount of egg has made it bind well, but does not make it spongy

pop in the microwave for 1 minute

and voila!
see how lovely that top is?  


see how gooey the edges are?


see how moist and yummy that looks?

not spongy at all

perfectly sweet and chocolately

enough to share.. but you don't have to.

now go get your milk out of the freezer and put that spoon to work

enjoy :)

Popular posts from this blog

make me over//2013 ~ repent

unsettled // the september series